August 22, 2012 - Meridian Audio has announced that its Media Core 200 Digital Media System now offers extra storage capacity and improved audio performance. In combination with Meridian’s Core Control App for iPad the Media Core 200 forms a complete, high performance digital media system with sufficient capacity to store entire music collections.
Media Core 200 is an elegant, compact and virtually silent system that requires only the user’s choice of controller to perform. It can be operated by any of the network-based control systems available, including Meridian’s Core Control App for the iPad or iPhone, a computer running the Control PC or Control Mac application, or a Meridian controller such as the Control 15.
At the heart of the Media Core 200 is a new 1TB hard drive (increased from 500GB), storing around 2,000 CD albums in pristine lossless quality for graphical and touch-screen access via the award-winning Meridian interface.
• A complete Meridian Digital Media System offering internal storage for up to approximately 2,000 CD albums in full lossless quality via its internal 1TB drive.
• Extremely simple to connect and set up.
• Connect Media Core 200 to the Internet to manage and enjoy streamed audio services, including Rhapsody® (where available).
• Import your existing digital music library – for example from iTunes®.
• Full integration with Meridian audio systems. Can also be networked to any other Meridian product, adding extra storage or zones.
• Fanless operation for minimum noise level means it can be located within the listening area.
• Integrated single-zone audio renderer featuring a full suite of Meridian’s Resolution Enhancement DSP technologies, delivering pristine quality via analog, S/PDIF digital and SpeakerLink outputs.
Meridian Media Core 200 Digital Media System
Suggested Retail Price $4,000.00. Available Now.
About Meridian Audio Limited
Meridian is based near Cambridge, UK, and was founded in 1977 by Bob Stuart and Allen Boothroyd. With over 30 years’ history of innovation and development of uncompromised consumer home entertainment systems offering exceptional performance, this award-winning company is widely recognized as a world leader in high-quality audio and video reproduction. Meridian developed the first audiophile CD player, the world’s first consumer digital surround controller, and the MLP lossless packing system included in Blu-ray Disc. The company’s optical disc players, DSP-based loudspeakers, video projectors, and scalers are unique in the industry, maintaining a super-quality digital signal throughout the path from the studio to the home, using advanced digital signal processing to deliver both a sweet, natural sound and smooth, crystal-sharp images with true cinematic realism. In late 2008, Meridian acquired leading networked media server developer Sooloos, and today the Meridian Digital Media System offers a unique combination of superb digital audio quality with the world’s most innovative, flexible and intuitive touchscreen-based home entertainment system.