The following is a press release issued by KEF.
Maidstone, Kent | January 16, 2020 - KEF is pleased to announce expansion of the KEF Reference finish selection for 2020. The 2020 lineup introduces a new Silver Satin Walnut finish, and expansion of bespoke Kent Foundry Edition finishes (Blue Ice White and Copper Black) to the Reference 4c and 2c centre speakers. KEF has also added a smaller Reference THX® Certified Ultra In-Wall Custom Installation model for further installation flexibility.
The new Silver Satin Walnut finish utilises a Silver Satin, tone-on-tone design encompassing the drive units within a solid, brushed aluminium front baffle. Pair-matched Walnut, real wood veneered cabinets compliment the speakers’ overall design. The Foundry Edition finishes, adorning the 2c and 4c centre speakers pay homage to KEF’s Maidstone beginnings, Blue Ice White hints at the blue of the original KEF logo, while Copper Black combines the latest Reference technology with an aesthetic that subtly evokes this rich pedigree. Together the finish selection consists of Piano Black, Silver Satin Walnut, Kent Edition Copper Black and Kent Edition Blue Ice White as the 2020 finish selection for floor, bookshelf and center channel models.
To answer the call for high-end integrated AV speaker system solutions, KEF has added a further Reference In-Wall, THX® Certified Ultra custom installation model to accompany the formidable Ci5160REF-THX model. The new, smaller Ci3160REF-THX makes use of the same Reference driver topology as the box designs and utilises two 6.5” bass drivers and 6.5” Uni-Q driver array. The larger Ci5160REF-THX has four 6.5” bass drivers and 6.5” Uni-Q driver array. Both make use of the same Reference, solid aluminum front baffle, which eliminates unwanted vibrations. Each In-Wall model can be used in left, right, centre, side and rear applications.
Originally created in 1973, the Reference series is an accumulation of decades of KEF’s technological advancements, design prowess and sound engineering. Each Reference speaker has been created from the ground up using KEF’s Total System Design approach, where drive units, filter networks and enclosures are studied and developed together to achieve a targeted response. Each Reference speaker is engineered and crafted from beginning to end by a single KEF Technician in Maidstone, Kent, on the original site where KEF was founded in 1961.
To support the Reference Series, KEF works with carefully selected Retail and Ci Installation Specialists that will only provide the highest level of customer service. With each undergoing extensive training with KEF to ensure exacting standards are met.
The Reference – Selected Key Features
- Utilises KEF’s Total System Design philosophy
- Superb KEF’s Uni-Q ‘point source’ driver array
- Bass driver with large vented magnet assembly, and exceptionally light and rigid aluminium cone
- New Silver Satin Walnut finish: solid, tone-on-tone, Silver Satin aluminium front baffle with pair-matched, Walnut real wood veneered cabinets - available on all Reference models, including centre speakers.
- Reference 2c and 4c centre channel speakers now available in Kent Engineering & Foundry finishes; Copper Black and Blue Ice White to aid wider AV system configurations
- 2020 finish selection consists of Piano Black, Silver Satin Walnut, Kent Edition Copper Black and Kent Edition Blue Ice White for all floor, bookshelf and center channel models.
- New smaller Reference In-Wall, THX® Certified Ultra model to support high-end custom installed Theatre applications.
Reference 5 - Flagship three-way floorstander MSRP: $10,000 /ea.
Reference 3 - Mid-sized three-way floorstander MSRP: $7,000 / ea.
Reference 1 - Three-way standmounter MSRP: $4,000 / ea.
Reference 4C - Three-way centre speaker MSRP: $7,500 / ea.
Reference 2C - Compact three-way centre speaker MSRP: $5,000 / ea.
Reference 8b - Twin 9-inch driver 'force-cancelling' subwoofer MSRP: $7,000 / ea.
Ci5160REF-THX - THX® Certified Ultra In-Wall Ci speaker MSRP: $10,000 / ea.
Ci3160REF-THX - THX® Certified Ultra In-Wall Ci Speaker MSRP: $7,500 / ea.
Please see the full details of the range at us.kef.com/reference