IsoTek – the class-leading brand of mains conditioning solutions for enhanced hi-fi and home cinema performance – has unveiled its successor to the multi award-winning GII Titan power conditioner: the “radically updated” EVO3 Titan.
Mains electricity is distorted by, and gathers noise from, a variety of influencing factors which constrain the performance of electronic components. For more than a decade, IsoTek has produced standard-setting solutions designed to filter and distribute the mains supply and deliver pure, refined power that optimises and protects valuable audio and audio-visual systems.
The ultimate high-current power conditioner in a strikingly compact form
Designed to deliver clean power for power-hungry amplifiers, mono-blocks, active loudspeakers and subwoofers, IsoTek’s original GII Titan was built to provide optimum high current filtering in a compact design.
The new EVO3 version retains the same bijou size, but manages to pack in a raft of technological enhancements. Several of these have trickled directly down from the extensive research that went into the Titan’s ‘big brother’, IsoTek’s flagship Super Titan, widely considered to be the world’s most powerful audiophile mains conditioner. The new EVO3 Titan takes the multi-award winning circuit from the Super Titan and reconfigures it into a more compact form – without losing the original purity of design.
The Titan’s proprietary Direct-Coupled© circuit topology has also been upgraded in two subtle but significant ways. The first is a doubling of the copper component (to a weight of 2oz) before 24-ct gold plating, delivering improved reliability and signal transfer.
Secondly, the circuit design is a fully optimised ‘KERP’ equal resistance path. KERP© (Kirchoff’s Equal Resistance Path) is a technology specifically developed for IsoTek’s EVO3 generation of products. KERP ensures equal resistance and equal power delivery to all outlets, providing a pure, coherent signal path through the unit.
The EVO3 Titan’s internal wiring has also been upgraded to IsoTek’s newly-developed UP-OCC (Ultra Pure Ohno Continuous Cast) high purity copper solid core internal wire, which is silver plated before being insulated with Teflon. A fine Teflon strand is wound helically around the wire before a secondary Teflon tube is extruded over the top, creating an air gap between wire and insulating tube and forming a virtual air dielectric (VAD) which has virtually no capacitance, ensuring an exceptionally vivid performance.
Finally, the EVO3 Titan features a massive 112,500A of instantaneous protection from the effects of power spikes and surges. IsoTek’s unique advanced defence system uses a pyramid array of VDR (voltage dependant resistor) devices that deliver superior protection and react more aggressively as a fault becomes more dangerous.
A radical update
“When we launched the original GII Titan in 2005, it was designed to be the very best high current power conditioner we could make, and was a huge improvement on our earlier isolation transformer based designs,” says Keith Martin, IsoTek’s founder and managing director. “We then went all out and pushed the boundaries still further with the flagship Super Titan. We’ve now given our original Titan a radical update using technology from the Super Titan to deliver the new EVO3 Titan. For us, it’s a revelation. It delivers cutting edge ultra-low impedance high current power conditioning – but still in a beautifully compact form.”
IsoTek EVO3 Titan key features
- Unique nine-stage Direct-Coupled© conditioning network in a series parallel configuration that delivers extremely low impedance and high current power.
- Removes both common mode and differential mode mains noise, with a 600% increase in common mode filtering and 20% increase in differential mode filtering compared to the original GII Titan.
- RFI (radio frequency interference) reduction 82dB (50 ohms standard), down to 5Hz frequency range.
- Two independent outlets plus additional Neutrik auxiliary.
- Delivers 4,600W of continuous power with 25,000W transient ability (supply permitting).
- 112,500A of instantaneous protection, featuring IsoTek’s unique sequential protection system with earth fault protector.
- KERP© (Kirchoff’s Equal Resistance Path) technology ensures equal resistance and equal power delivery to all outlets.
- Internal wiring: solid core silver-plated UP-OCC (Ultra Pure Ohno Continuous Cast) wire with Teflon VAD (virtual air dielectric) technology.
- Available with UK, EU, US, Australian, Swiss and South African sockets.
Number of outlets: 2 + Neutrik auxiliary
Type of outlet options: UK, EU, US, AU, CH, ZA
Mains inlet: C20 type IEC
Mains voltage: 100-240V AC / 50-60Hz
Maximum current: 20 amps continuous
Total power: Nominal 230V, 4,600W; Transient 25,000W
Dimensions: 275 W x 182.5 H x 275 D (mm)
The EVO3 Titan is available now.Pricing and availability
- Options: black or silver finish.
- Priced at £2695 (including VAT)
- Each unit is supplied with IsoTek’s EVO3 Premier power cable fitted with 16 amp C19 IEC connector.
Hampshire-based IsoTek is the worldʼs leading brand of specialised power optimisation products for hi-fi and home cinema use. Its product range includes performance-enhancing power conditioners focused on the specific requirements of individual systems, plus a series of high-performance mains cables and connectors. IsoTek products are enjoyed by more than 70,000 customers in over 45 countries, and have earned numerous accolades from specialist audio and AV publications worldwide. A number of third-party manufacturers use IsoTek products for development and/or demonstration purposes, including Arcam, Denon, Genesis, Marantz, Monitor Audio, Nordost, Onkyo, Pioneer, PMC, Primare, Roksan and TEAC Esoteric. All IsoTek products are designed for purpose, manufactured in Europe and built to last.