The following is a press release issued by Devialet.
PARIS | October 19, 2018 - Devialet, the pioneering French technology brand, today unveils Phantom REACTOR, an ultra-compact speaker that delivers unprecedented power, fidelity and volume and marks a new pinnacle in audio engineering. Like its predecessors, Phantom REACTOR embodies the brand’s progressive vision of making the emotional power of sound accessible to as many people as possible through ground-breaking technology.
Phantom REACTOR, starting at $999, is the result of three years of research and development in acoustic and mechanical engineering. As Devialet’s third product and latest addition to the Phantom family, the Phantom REACTOR line is the most affordable, and offered in two forms: Phantom REACTOR 600 and Phantom REACTOR 900.
THE BEST SIZE / POWER / FIDELITY RATIO – WITHOUT COMPROMISE
With Phantom REACTOR, Devialet has once again taken sound to a new level. It is the only ultracompact loudspeaker with a maximum volume of 98 dB SPL, enabled by an unprecedented 900W of peak power. Phantom REACTOR reproduces sound as the artist intended: in dazzling detail with zero distortion, zero saturation or background noise. Just pure sound reproduction.
Phantom REACTOR is precision-engineered, both technically and physically, for optimal audio
performance. A compact spherical design with perfect acoustic form, two push-push woofers with
extreme cone excursion delivering ultra-deep audio, and one full-range speaker, combine for the
ultimate sound experience in a smaller package, with zero compromise on sound quality.
2 new models
Phantom REACTOR 600 • 95 dB SPL • 600W
Phantom REACTOR 900 • 98 db SPL • 900W
- Four times smaller than the iconic Phantom (Classic Phantom, Silver Phantom and Gold Phantom, now combined into a range called Phantom PREMIER), Phantom REACTOR is 3 liters in total volume and weighs 10 pounds;
- 219 mm (length) x 157 mm (width) x 168 mm (height), it is small enough to be held in the palm of your hand, but can play as loud as a symphony orchestra at full force;
- Delivers unreasonable sound from infra-bass at 18Hz (like having a subwoofer in the room) to sharp treble at 21Khz;
- Phenomenal sound amplitude without distortion, saturation or background noise through unique Devialet-created technology.
Phantom REACTOR is plug and play. It can be operated wirelessly via Bluetooth, Spotify Connect, Airplay, UPnP or through an analog or optical jack connection – and can be remotely controlled through a dedicated app.
4x SMALLER THANKS TO CUTTING-EDGE TECHNICAL INNOVATIONS
Since it was first founded in 2007, Devialet has worked continually to miniaturize its inventions and make them available to new audiences.
The miniaturization of Phantom REACTOR should be a technical impossibility – but it has been made possible by the unrelenting passion of 100 Devialet engineers, constantly challenging audio conventions, one radical invention at a time. Eleven additional patents have contributed to Phantom REACTOR’s amazingly disruptive design, all leading to an ultra-compact form at a more accessible price.
Breakthrough Devialet innovations, and embedded in Phantom REACTOR include:
- Analog Digital Hybrid (ADH®), Devialet's core innovation in sound amplification, combining the sophistication of Class A analog amplification with the power and compactness of Class D digital technology;
- Speaker Active Matching (SAM®), the mathematical model that ensures perfect control of the speakers and the high acoustic fidelity of Phantom REACTOR;
- Heart Bass Implosion (HBI®), the revolutionary acoustic process that emits bass sounds with phenomenal depth and physical impact;
- Active Cospherical Engine (ACE™), the spherical design and the perfect acoustic form to reproduce a sound and diffuse its energy linearly in all directions.
GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION, MADE IN FRANCE
Phantom REACTOR is designed, manufactured and assembled in France, in a new manufacturing facility opened by Devialet specifically for Phantom REACTOR.
For Phantom REACTOR, Devialet is expanding its distribution network. In the U.S., Phantom REACTOR will be newly available at Microsoft Stores and Microsoft.com, Nordstrom, Mr Porter and 10 Corso Como; also at Barneys, B8ta and Amazon.com; as well as through Devialet stores and a network of high-end audio retailers.
In the U.S., customers can pre-register here for Phantom REACTOR on Oct. 9 to be the very first to order and receive the latest information. Pre-orders will open on Oct. 24 via Devialet.com and Amazon, with additional store-by-store availability to be announced in the coming weeks.