Peterborough, Ontario September 3, 2014 — Bryston has announced today the introduction of the BDP-1USB digital music player. The BDP-1USB is Bryston’s most affordable high-performance music player designed specifically for those customers using one of many popular USB external DAC’s (Digital to Analog Converters) available on the market. The BDP-1USB can comfortably manage large music libraries of up to 30,000 tracks—from MP3 to high resolution files stored on external USB or NAS drives. The BDP-1USB has a US MSRP of $1795. Please see Bryston at CEDIA 2014, Booth 320.
The BDP-1USB joins Bryston’s flagship BDP-2 in the company’s music player lineup. Because the BDP-1USB is engineered to work with an external USB DAC, Bryston is able to build the new player without including the premium-grade internal sound card featured in the BDP-2. This reduces the cost of the new player without any penalty in sound quality and opens the world of high-resolution audio playback to a broader audience. As media coverage and prominent recording artists have touted the benefits of better digital formats, consumer interest has been on the rise and the BDP-1USB targets this demographic. “Our digital music players have been tremendously successful for us globally, and with the increased prevalence of USB DAC’s available in a wide range of prices, the BDP-1USB opens the door for music lovers seeking Bryston performance and build quality in an affordable package,” explained Bryston CEO Chris Russell. “Of course we suggest that consumers consider the Bryston BDA-2 DAC—audio writers and reviewers agree that the Bryston BDA-2 is one of the very finest DAC’s available on the market today—but the BDP-1USB can also be the foundation of an amazing multifaceted sound system,” Russell added.
The BDP-1USB is powered by a noiseless linear power supply carefully isolated from the digital audio path and AC power circuits. A vast array of features such as UPnP compatibility, Squeezebox® emulation, DoP (DSD over PCM) and more are all built in to Bryston’s intuitive and attractive firmware that is easily accessible from most web browsers. Users can also comfortably control the BDP-1USB using Apple or Android phones and tablets using Bryston’s built-in interface or a selection of several third-party apps. The BDP-1 USB is expected to ship to Bryston dealers beginning October 1, 2014.
BRYSTON BDP-1USB Features:
- Linear Power Supply - not switching common to computers and other digital music players
- 4 USB inputs/outputs any of which can be used to connect mass storage or Digital to Analog Converter
- Compatible with Asynchronous USB DACs
- DSD over PCM (DoP) playback with compatible DACs
- Back bottom USB provides high current for large capacity buss powered hard drives
- Fast Ethernet 100mbps connectivity to network
- Connect to music stored on NAS
- UPnP/DLNA Client, Server, Renderer availability
- Large library support up to 30,000 tracks
- Gapless playback
- Intuitive Graphical User Interface accessible by virtually all web-browsers including on mobile devices
- Support for FLAC, Apple Lossless, AIFF, WAV, MP3, and a huge variety of other audio formats
- Seamless control with iOS, Android, or other mobile devices
- Bit perfect digital audio playback
- 5 year parts and labor warranty
Bryston (www.bryston.com) first opened for business in 1962 as a manufacturer of medical equipment. The company was purchased in 1968 by John W. Russell, an ex-NASA engineer. Together with sons Chris, Brian and John D., they first started exploring the field of accurate, reliable audio amplification in the early 1970s. Since that time Bryston has become legendary for their hand-built quality, superb performance and dependability under load in the home, professional and commercial markets. Bryston amplifiers are used in some of the world’s most renowned recording studios and owned by many discerning music professionals. Bryston applies precision manufacturing techniques and materials in the assembly of their electronic equipment that are more typically utilized by the military and aerospace industries. Bryston is based in Peterborough, Ontario Canada, northeast of Toronto, and is sold through over 150 dealers in North America and 60 countries worldwide.